Emergency Plans in NEPA
Call us to schedule your free Emergency Ready Profile.
50% of businesses do not re-open following a disaster.
You can be prepared with the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Advantage. Our team members can meet with you to help construct a customizable emergency plan for your property. This profile includes, but is not limited to: emergency contacts, emergency shut off switches, overview of the building, emergency personnel contacts, access locations, directions to the property, etc. This building analysis and profile is completely free to you, so there's no need to wait or plan it into your yearly budget. We have completed profiles throughout Luzerne and Wyoming County. Give us a call to schedule yours - 570-714-0090.
Here are a few things our Emergency Ready Profile clients have said about the plans:
"Fantastic service from Chelsea! She has our company prepared to react in case of an emergency with our Service Ready Profile she has prepared for us. She and company stay in contact regularly and always provide us with helpful information. Would recommend this SERVPRO location without any hesitation!" - Econo Lodge Arena, Wilkes-Barre, PA
"I have had the opportunity to work with SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County on a couple of occasions. They assisted with preparing an Emergency Ready Profile for the property and have provided insight with their quarterly fact sheet. I enjoy working with Chelsea and John and I will continue to recommend their services to our community." - Host Inn, Wilkes-Barre, PA
"SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County did an amazing job setting up our Emergency Ready Profile. They came to our property, spent maybe 20 minutes asking some important questions and walking around taking photos of our emergency shut offs. They even went as far as explaining how to get to the shut off, what keys open what doors, etc. We use this in our newbie training for every employee. They are not wishing you have a disaster so they can help you recover, they are there for you EVERY step of the way to PREVENT disasters from happening." - Hampton Inn, Tunkhannock, PA
Are you Ready for Whatever Happens?
Does your Meshoppen Home have a Mold Problem?
Got Mold? We can help.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –570-714-0090
Frozen Pipes Cause Water Damage in Duryea
Frozen, Burst Pipes can cause severe Water Damage.
Cold weather, snow, and ice storms can cause severe damage to your home or business. When these types of disasters strike, immediate action is necessary to prevent additional damage to your property. SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County has the winter storm experience, expertise, and the resources to remediate damage caused by winter weather.
Damage from Frozen Pipes, Cold Weather, or Winter Storm?
Call Today - 570-714-0090.
Extreme cold weather can cause pipes to freeze and burst. In general, pipes are more likely to freeze when the temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The resulting water damage can be extensive. Outdoor pipes and pipes in unheated areas of the home can freeze if they are not properly insulated or if temperatures are severely cold. We can quickly and safely repair water damage caused by frozen pipes.
Outdoor pipes most likely to freeze include:
- Outdoor hose bibs
- Swimming pool supply lines
- Water sprinkler lines
Pipes in unheated or partially heated areas are also at risk of freezing, including:
- Crawl spaces
An ice dam is formed when snow melts unevenly on a roof and refreezes into a dam at the edge of the roof, near the eaves. This dam prevents any further snowmelt from draining off of the roof. This standing water can back up under shingles, leak into a home, and cause significant water damage to ceilings, walls, and other areas. Ice dams can also tear off gutters and loosen shingles.
Snow and ice can cause significant damage to your gutters and roof. The additional weight of snow and ice can even cause a roof to collapse. When there’s a cold snap, water can get into cracks and small spaces and expand when it freezes, causing larger cracks and more damage. The repetition of freezing and thawing cycles can cause small cracks to get larger.
Regardless of the Winter Storm, We Can Help
Cold weather and winter storms can cause significant damage with little warning. Regardless of the type of storm, we can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, we can respond quickly with additional resources.
- Cold temperatures
- Heavy snowfall
- Ice storms and freezing rain
Use caution this Winter and know we are always here to help in emergency situations.
We are the Cleaning Experts
As the Cleaning Experts, SERVPRO is Here to Help
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County, 570-714-0090.
24/7 Emergency Water Damage Services in Wilkes-Barre
When dealing with Water Damage, Call SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help.
Call Today - 570-714-0090
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
HVAC Cleaning in Pittston
Call us to have your HVAC system cleaned.
Importance of Cleaning your HVAC System
- Most of the allergy-aggravating contaminants will be removed from your system
- Your HVAC will operate more efficiently and effectively
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
- Recognition from guests a very clean environment.
NADCA’s rule of thumb for consumers is that “if your air ducts look dirty, they probably are,” and that dirty HVAC systems should be inspected by a reputable, certified HVAC professional. Below are some other reasons homeowners choose to have their air ducts cleaned.
When to know it's time to have the ducts cleaned.
- There is visible mold growth inside ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system
- Ducts are infested with rodents or insects
- Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris
- Particles are released from your supply registers
We can quickly and efficiently clean your HVAC System
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals routinely inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can in turn save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, call us today, (570) 714-0090.
Causes of Winter Fires in Kingston
Common Causes of Home Fires in Kingston
Winter is the most common time of year for accidental fires. Space heaters, fireplaces, and candles are examples of hazards that create fire risk in times of cold weather. Here are a few things you can do to stay safe while keeping warm:
- Candle Fires: Keep candles away from flammable objects. Every year careless candle placement is a leading cause of fires in the United States.
- Space Heaters: Similar to candles, space heater fires are also common in the winter months. Most are due to clothing, curtains, or other flammable objects placed far too close to the heater. Be sure to keep flammable objects at least three feet away from space heaters.
- Fireplaces: Always put out the fire in your fireplace before you leave your home or go to sleep at night, and always keep a watchful eye while the gas or logs are burning.
- Overworked Electrical Outlets: Heating appliances require a great deal of electricity. Only plug one heating appliance into an electrical outlet at a time.
- Non-working Smoke Detectors: Be sure your smoke detectors are fully functioning and have fresh batteries for the winter months. Smoke detectors should be replaced every seven to ten years to maintain full functionality.
You can keep warm, and also practice fire safety to keep your home and business safe and fire free this season!
Exeter Residents - Follow these steps if you suspect mold
Mold Problem? We can help!
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (570) 714-0090
Found Mold in Shavertown Home
If you discover mold in your Shavertown home, give us a call!
Most people think spring showers bring moisture problems, but it’s in the Fall and Winter that mold tends to become even more of an issue.
In colder weather, warm air from heating systems rises into attics, where it meets under the cold roof, often causing condensation: the perfect home for mold. Mold thrives in moist and warm areas where a food source such as wood is present.
So proper insulation between your attic and living areas is crucial. If you’re not sure your insulation is working properly, you should have it checked.
Most homes have numerous trouble spots for mold and moisture. In homes tightly sealed for winter, warm air can’t easily escape. When windows are sealed tight, condensation tends to collect indoors on windows and even walls, creating an optimal area for mold to grow. In kitchens, steam accumulates from dishwashers. In bathrooms, showers create warm, moist conditions.
Proper Ventilation in these areas of the home are crucial to prevent mold.
Homeowners also need to be aware of mold growth after a winter storm. After a storm, you need to check your home for damage from snow, ice and freezing temperatures to prevent mold from spreading into your home.
Damage can often go unnoticed until the spring thaw, but by then it may be too late because water might have infiltrated the walls of your basement, attic or other areas of your home.
Here’s a checklist to assess key parts of your home:
Roof checklist to prevent mold:
- Check for any loose or missing shingles, which need to be replaced or repaired immediately.
- Inspect for leaks around chimneys, plumbing and attic vents as well as skylights.
- Remove any tree limbs that are near the roof that could potentially break and fall through your roof.
- Examine the attic and crawl space to make sure you have no leaks that could damage the ceilings.
Gutters and downspouts:
- Check to make sure the gutters and downspouts are securely and properly attached to your home.
- Make sure your downspouts are cleared of leaves, branches and any other debris so that water can flow freely.
- Extend downspouts away from your home’s foundation.
- Consider getting a sump pump if you have standing water around your foundation or your crawl space. If you have a sump pump, make sure it’s working properly.
Siding, windows and doors:
Look over your siding to make sure nothing has come loose or is damaged.
Make sure your seals are tight on doors and windows. Check the outside caulking for any damage or leakage.
Wipe up any window condensation on inside windows, especially metal windows.
Consider replacing metal window frames and other exterior door edges with vinyl to avoid air and water leakage.
Basement and crawl space:
Check for water seepage and make sure walls and floors are dry in the basement, especially in cracks or joints where the wall and floor meet.
Make sure there is no standing water in the crawl space.
Purchase a dehumidifier to remove moisture from your basement.
Stay safe this Fall and Winter by following some of these tips for a Mold free home.
Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce Job Fair
Job Fair 2020
We were happy to join The Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce as a vendor at their 2020 Job Fair.
The event was hosted on Thursday, October 8, 2020 at the Cloverknoll Wellness Center in Tunkhannock from 9am-6pm. Along with our SERVPRO franchise, fellow vendors included: Deer Park Lumber, Eihab Human Services, Holcombe Energy Resources, Manpower, Milnes Construction, Millwood and P&G.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is actively seeking motivated and experienced individuals to join our team. Positions we are hiring for include Restoration Technicians and Water Restoration Team Leads.
All motivated and experienced applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to office@SERVPRO10509.com
SERVPRO® of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming is a growing company that is seeking these positions for specialized cleaning of damaged homes and commercial properties. SERVPRO® is one of the nation's largest providers of emergency cleanup and restoration services.