Preventing Wyoming County Storm Damage
Here to Help following the storm.
Tunkhannock and Wyoming County Summers are well known for severe storms. Since June is National Safety Month, it's important to follow tips to keep your home safe from storm damage this Summer.
Below are some safety tips to follow this Summer:
1. Clean your gutters.
2. Inspect the foundation of your home.
3. Check your yard for dead or diseased trees.
4. Secure furniture that could fall.
5. Have your roof inspected every year.
6. Know how to shut off your utilities.
7. Unplug electronics.
8. Identify safe rooms in your home.
9. Create a disaster kit.
10. Watch the weather.
SERVPRO wishes you a fun and safe Summer. Follow these tips to keep your home safe. Should your home or business suffer storm damage, please contact us 24/7 at 570-714-0090.
Why Choose SERVPRO
When dealing with an emergency, we can be there to help 24/7/365.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is a locally owned, trusted leader in the water, fire and mold restoration industry. Our team of technicians are trained and certified through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and follow standards set forth by OSHA.
Locally owned, we provide 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding within 60 minutes to your commercial or residential needs. Our crews are ready for any water or fire damage including boarding up your home or business. We are a full service business, offering mitigation and reconstruction services.
Our team is equipped to make water or fire damage to your home or business, "Like it never even happened." After we are done with drying out a structure or removing smoke-damaged materials, we can put your home or business back together like it was before the damage occurred.
Owner, John Lazo, prides our growing franchise on exceptional customer service, quick response time, community involvement and trained, professional employees. As a family owned business, we find it rewarding to help a home or business owner through a stressful time. We are always "Ready for whatever happens."
Below are a few testimonials from our awesome customers:
"Thank you SERVPRO for the amazing job your crew did after the recent fire next door to our studio The Art Room in Scranton. We had some water damage and a terrible odor of smoke from the adjoining building. Everything was cleaned and the odor is completely gone. What we thought would take a week or two for cleanup ended up being done in less than 48 hours. We were able to open for a very small event for a special little girl. We can’t thank you enough." - Cathy M., Scranton
"The borough has frequently utilized SERVPRO for many of our needs. In addition to being professional, reliable and courteous the staff and management regularly check in with us to see if they can assist in anyway. This service has been more than appreciated especially during these trying times." - Cathy S., Edwardsville
"Water heater burst and flooded our finished basement. Insurance suggested SERVPRO and it was the right call. Clint and crew showed up assessed the damage and went to work. Because of their quick work more was saved than lost. Highly recommend, very efficient and thorough." - John B., Jim Thorpe
"Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. I would highly recommend the SERVPRO Kingston location to anyone in need of their services!" - Kayleigh D., Shavertown
When dealing with an emergency, we can be there to help 24/7/365.
Summer Firework Safety
When using fireworks this Summer, practice these tips to stay safe.
When using fireworks this Summer, stay safe with these tips below:
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
Have a fun and safe Summer!
Biohazard Cleanup in Wilkes-Barre
Following a biohazard incident, we can help transform unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can be serious. A failure to properly remove or sanitize such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Dealing with a Biohazard Situation - 570-714-0090
Summer Storms in Pittston
We're always here to help following the storm.
It's very exciting to say that it feels as though Summer is here to stay! With highs in the 80s most of us are rejoicing and also probably excited for the first thunderstorm of the season. Although it is relaxing and refreshing, it is very important to keep in mind safety when dealing with severe storms. When storms strike NEPA, do you know the difference between a watch and a warning?
During severe weather, a number of alerts may flash on the TV screen or on your mobile device. But do you know what they mean, and which ones require immediate action?
Severe Thunderstorm WATCH
A thunderstorm is considered severe when it exhibits one or more of the following:
- Large hail (hailstones that are one inch diameter or greater, so hail the size of a quarter or larger fits this criterion).
- Wind gusts of 58 mph or greater.
- A tornado.
A severe thunderstorm watch means that atmospheric conditions are favorable for severe thunderstorm development. The severe thunderstorm watch outlines an area where an organized threat of severe thunderstorms is expected generally during a three- to six-hour period.
Severe Thunderstorm WARNING
A severe thunderstorm warning means that a severe thunderstorm is imminent: It is occurring or is about to occur. Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued by the local National Weather Service office when it deems a particular thunderstorm has met, or will soon meet, the severe criteria listed above. Severe thunderstorm warnings are usually highly localized – covering parts of one to several counties – and generally last for 30 to 60 minutes.
During a severe thunderstorm warning, it is important to get to safety immediately. Severe winds – gusts of 58 mph or greater – can down trees and power lines, causing injury and potentially death to those hit by large falling objects and other debris. In addition, if a severe thunderstorm is producing large hail, injury and significant property damage can result.
It is important to remember the differences between these storms and always be prepared to take action. Our SERVPRO franchise is highly trained to respond to any size disaster, and we could mitigate any damage caused by severe storms this season.
We are always here to help!
-- 570-714-0090 --
Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce 130th Anniversary
Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce 130th Anniversary Celebration Vendor Booth
We had a great time with our sister franchise at the Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce 130th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday, May 19th at Capriotti's. It was a great night out with Chamber members to enjoy good company, networking, food and drinks. We also were super excited to come in 2nd place for our Summer themed booth for the “Four Seasons” contest!
Preventing Mold in your Back Mountain Home this Summer
Tips to avoid mold in your Back Mountain home.
Tips to Prevent Mold in your Back Mountain Home this Summer
During the warm months of Summer, mold thrives because most strains of mold need warm temperatures in order to grow. Here are some simple things you can do to prevent mold this summer:
- Use your air conditioner on hot days. Mold grows best at temperatures above 77 degrees Fahrenheit, so keep the indoor temperature lower than that if you can.
- Watch for any condensation or moisture in your air ducts. Sometimes using the air conditioner can cause condensation and that moisture provides a place for mold to grow.
- Purchase a hygrometer, an instrument that measures the relative humidity, so you can monitor the humidity in your home. By monitoring the relative humidity in your home, you can take steps when necessary to reduce moisture in order to prevent the growth of mold.
- Mold thrives in moist environments, so it’s best to keep the relative humidity below 50 percent. If any areas of your home have relative humidity higher than that, purchase a dehumidifier to reduce the amount of moisture in the air. Mold doesn’t grow well in dry environments.
- Close windows when it rains. If windows are open when it rains, dry windowsills, floors or any other surfaces as soon as possible.
- If it’s a rainy Summer, watch for signs of a leak in your roof. A discolored spot on the ceiling generally means a leak, even if you don’t see water coming through the ceiling. Have any leaks repaired as soon as possible to keep mold from developing.
In addition to the above Summer tips to prevent mold, you should do some basic things all year around, including:
- Repair any leaky pipes or appliances as soon as possible.
- Make sure your clothes dryer is vented to the outdoors, not into your attic or crawlspace.
- Turn on the exhaust fan or open a bathroom window a couple inches when showering. The steam that fills the bathroom when you shower provides ample moisture for mold.
- Don’t use carpet in bathrooms. It’s hard to dry out carpet thoroughly. It’s much easier to dry linoleum or tile floors if they get wet. You can use throw rugs in bathrooms, which can be machine washed and hung to dry, which prevents them from getting moldy.
- Clean up any spills of water or other liquids immediately.
- Address any mold problems that do occur promptly to prevent the mold from growing and spreading to other areas of the home.
- If you notice a musty smell in the home, you probably have mold somewhere. Mold often grows in hard-to-see places, like under carpet and inside walls. If you smell something musty but can’t find any mold, we recommended having the home tested.
If Mold Develops Despite Your Best Efforts at Prevention
If mold does develop despite your best efforts at prevention, we are always here to help. Our trained professionals can make the mold in your home, "Like it never even happened." - 570-714-0090
Spring Cleaning in Wyoming County
Call us for your Spring Cleaning.
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty - especially during the Winter months. We have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. The residential or commercial cleaning services performed by us will not only ease the burden of the constant maintenance of your home or business, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living/working environment.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential and commercial cleaning services can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened."
Need Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today 570-714-0090
Residential & Commercial Cleaning Services include:
The SERVPRO carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home.
We all have tasks around the house that don’t make it to the top of our priority list. Properly maintaining your home’s air ducts should not be one of them. Regular duct cleaning can increase your home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
Your basic cleaning service is not going to have the expertise to effectively deodorize your home. Take advantage of SERVPRO’s residential cleaning services to remove unwanted odors.
SERVPRO experts are ready to assist in the clean up of sewage and other biohazard materials and provide deep cleaning services for your home. Find out more about our franchise professionals.
Getting started on your Spring cleaning? Give us a call - 570-714-0090
NEPA Inclusive Campaign
NEPA Inclusive 2022 Campaign
Our Sales Representatives, Joe and Chelsea, had the opportunity to attend the NEPA Inclusive Event on Friday, 4/29 at Susquehanna Brewing Company in Pittston.
SERVPRO Team Lazo was a proud sponsor of this great campaign.
"We believe people with disabilities should live where and with whom they want. We provide support services, including Habilitation and Companionship Services to help them live in their most natural environment and connect them to other services when necessary. We believe that people with disabilities should be empowered with making their own decisions and choices, and we respect those choices and values. Our role is always to support the person in the life they choose.
NEPA Inclusive currently serves Luzerne, Lackawanna, Wyoming, Monroe, Carbon, Berks, and Columbia Counties."
Our team was honored to be part of such a great night out in the community.
Source: NEPA Inclusive
Commercial Water Damage in Wilkes-Barre
We restore both commercial and residential properties.
Flooding and water damage events at Wilkes-Barre commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.