SERVPRO's Commercial Large Loss Division, One Team
Calling SERVPRO ensures an immediate response, as we have access to 1,700 franchises nationwide. No job is too large.
No Job Is Too Large
The SERVPRO Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster.
Every large loss is supervised by a commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation.
At SERVPRO, the difference is our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through the strategic placement and oversight of temporary labor. Get the professionals, call SERVPRO.
Clients for the Commercial Large Loss program include the following:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Property Managers
- The Pentagon
Catastrophic Storm and Major Event Response
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are prepared for the unpredictable.
With the ability to mobilize local command centers, along with the resources of more than 1,700 Franchises nationwide, no disaster is too big. Recent mobilizations of the Catastrophic Storm Response Teams include:
- 2017 California wildfires
- 2017 Hurricane Irma
- 2017 Hurricane Harvey
- 2016 Hurricane Matthew
- 2015 Carolina floods
- 2014 Polar Vortex
- 2012 Sandy
- 2010 Nashville floods
- 2008 Ike
- 2007 Chicago floods
- 2007 Ohio floods
- 2007 California wildfires
- 2005 Katrina/Wilma/Rita
We're a nationally known brand owned and operated by a family in NEPA
Our family owned franchise is always here to help.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County opened in 2016 by Franchise owner John Lazo. Located in Northeastern Pennsylvania the franchise operates from our Kingston, PA office. Our franchise goal is to provide the best customer service to our customers in the restoration industry. Raised in Northeastern Pennsylvania, John prides himself on a work ethic handed down from his family. NEPA has a reputation of hard working people and what better area to operate a business where we set the standard for excellence. Our franchise has continued to grow every year from day 1 and we look forward to serving you for your residential or commercial needs.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County works with most insurance carriers and has relationships with many insurance agents throughout the area. We are proud to be their choice when disaster happens. We are also preferred vendors for many commercial property managers in the area. We have the training and equipment to restore your home or business and no job is too big or too small. SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is “Ready for whatever happens. “
We are an IICRC certified firm with numerous industry related certifications. We are also certified by the EPA to conduct lead based paint renovation and repairs. Our employees take pride in their work and understand how stressful a disaster can be to you.
We are proud to serve a nationally known brand of SERVPRO and be locally owned and operated by a family in NEPA.
Commercial Fire Damages Building in Wilkes-Barre, PA
We respond to commercial fire damage 24/7.
Fire damage can be very devastating for a business or commercial property. In addition to fire, smoke, and soot damage, water damage caused by firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-fire condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If you have a fire emergency, call SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County.
Commercial Fire Damage? Call Us Today 570-714-0090
Commercial Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
We have the training, experience, and equipment to manage your commercial fire damage emergency. We will respond quickly and manage the fire restoration project through to its completion—getting your property business-ready.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Signs of Frozen Pipes in Kingston, PA
Be aware of the signs that your pipes may be frozen.
The winter months usually bring frigid temps which in turn can be a problem for homes and businesses without proper maintenance. After temperatures drop below freezing for consecutive days, pipes can freeze. When the temperature goes above freezing again, it's possible that these pipes can burst and cause severe water damage. Are your pipes frozen? Here are some signs:
- The Temperature Is Right- Pipes cannot freeze if it is not cold enough outside for them to do so. Water does not freeze when it is 60 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and neither do pipes. When the temperature falls to 32 degrees Fahrenheit or lower, you should begin to take precautions to prevent pipes from freezing.
- There Is Frost on the Pipe- For pipes that can actively be seen, such as those under sinks, you may be able to see frost that has accumulated on the exterior of the pipe. This can serve as a warning sign that the pipe is frozen before you ever try to turn on the faucet.
- No Water Is Coming Out of the Faucet- Another sign that you may have a frozen pipe on your hands is lack of running water. If you or a tenant turn on a kitchen or bathroom faucet and only a slight trickle of water or no water at all comes out, the water pipe leading to the faucet may be frozen.
- Strange Smells- A fourth potential sign of a blocked pipe is an odd smell coming from a faucet or drain. If the pipe is partially or completely blocked, the only way the odor can escape is back up in the direction of your property.
It's important to act quickly if you think your pipes are frozen. You can try to thaw them yourself, but also call in an experienced plumber to analyze the situation. Should you unfortunately find yourself dealing with water damage from a burst pipe, you can always give us a call to help.
Causes of Winter Fires in Wilkes-Barre & How to Prevent Them
Use Fire Safety this Winter!
Winter is the most common time of year for accidental fires. Space heaters, fireplaces, and candles are examples of hazards that create fire risk in times of cold weather. Here are a few things you can do to stay safe while keeping warm:
- Candle Fires: Keep candles away from flammable objects. Every year careless candle placement is a leading cause of fires in the United States.
- Space Heaters: Similar to candles, space heater fires are also common in the winter months. Most are due to clothing, curtains, or other flammable objects placed far too close to the heater. Be sure to keep flammable objects at least three feet away from space heaters.
- Fireplaces: Always put out the fire in your fireplace before you leave your home or go to sleep at night, and always keep a watchful eye while the gas or logs are burning.
- Overworked Electrical Outlets: Heating appliances require a great deal of electricity. Only plug one heating appliance into an electrical outlet at a time.
- Non-working Smoke Detectors: Be sure your smoke detectors are fully functioning and have fresh batteries for the winter months. Smoke detectors should be replaced every seven to ten years to maintain full functionality.
Be sure to keep warm, but also practice fire safety to keep your home and business safe and fire free this season!
Selling a Commercial Property in Wilkes-Barre, PA - But Found Mold?
Listing a Commercial Property in Wilkes-Barre, PA? Make sure it's Mold Free.
Are you in the process of selling a vacant property in Wilkes-Barre, PA? Avoiding mold will stall the quickness of the sale. Since mold loves moisture, it’s important to remove sources of water to prevent it from growing in the building.
Potential problem areas to address to keep mold at bay include:
- Roof Leaks: Check attic or top floor for roof leaks, and repair any that are found.
- Wall Leaks: Weather strip and caulk leaky windows.
- Window Condensation: Install insulated glass or storm windows to prevent condensation problems.
- Plumbing Leaks: Examine pipes for leaks and insulate if needed.
- Blocked Gutters: Keep gutters and downspouts clean.
- Foundation Leaks: Channel water from downspouts away from house.
- Basement Leaks: Examine basement for leaks and repair if necessary.
- Water Under Building: Check crawl space for excess moisture, and apply black plastic to ground to reduce humidity.
- AC Drain Leaks: Be sure HVAC units drain properly and that drains are not clogged.
- Ductwork Condensation: Inspect HVAC ducts for excess moisture. Repair or replace the insulation around them if wet.
- Air Filters: Use a high quality air filter with HVAC units, and change it regularly.
- Bath Vent Fans: Install bathroom fans that are vented to the outside. Run them during—and for 15 minutes after—showers.
- Air Circulation: Open doors and windows during dry weather to increase air circulation.
- Indoor Humidity: Keep the humidity in your home between 30 and 50 percent. Check it with a humidity gauge or moisture meter and use a dehumidifier to lower it if necessary.
- Vent Gas Appliances: Make sure gas and kerosene heaters and fireplaces are properly vented to the outside to reduce the amount of moisture in the air.
You can use these helpful tips to avoid mold from growing in your property.
If you find yourself dealing with mold while trying to sell a property in Wilkes-Barre, PA, you can contact us to quickly remediate the problem. 570-714-0090
2019 Toys for Tots & The Salvation Army of Wilkes-Barre
Joining our Community Partners this Holiday Season.
Thank you very much to our community partners, Shadowbrook Resort and Bogeys Grille, Melissa Walter - State Farm Agent, & The Hoyt Library for acting as local drop off sites for this year’s Marine Toys for Tots Foundation!
Thank you Toys for Tots for all you do!
This Christmas Season, we were also very honored to join The Salvation Army of Wilkes-Barre Advisory Board - Ringing the bells was a humbling experience and we look forward to serving their board and all they do in 2020.
Save time and money by calling SERVPRO in Luzerne County
When dealing with water damage, it's best to call SERVPRO.
After a water emergency that floods a home or business, the last thing that most people want to deal with is a bill for cleaning up the damage. This is what leads many homeowners to attempt water extraction on their own instead of calling a professional.
If you're in need of water removal in Luzerne County you may be tempted to save money by trying to get rid of the excess water on your own. However, going this route typically has more consequences than benefits and will result in greater losses of time, money, and your possessions in the long run. Here's why calling SERVPRO for professional water removal is a smart move.
Professional water extraction works extremely well. While some homeowners resort to opening windows and doors, turning on ceiling fans, and blotting towels around the house, SERVPRO has powerful equipment that ensures efficient and thorough water removal. We're also often able to restore documents, books, furnishings, and electronic devices affected by water damage, plus we'll get your home's humidity back to an appropriate level.
Many water emergencies are hazardous.
If your house has been flooded with gray or black water, such as that from a natural disaster, backed up sewer line, or a leaky toilet, expert attention to the problem is best. These types of water are risky for untrained persons to handle because it involves disease causing waste and debris. This is the type of material that can't simply be put out with the week's garbage and needs proper and safe disposal. We're knowledgeable about how to get rid of contaminated waste during water extraction, so there are no lingering health risks to your family or pets.
It's important to consider mold and mildew.
One reason that so many homeowners who attempt DIY water removal eventually end up calling a pro is unseen damage caused by mold and mildew. While your flooring and possessions may look and feel dry, without proper water extraction and controlling humidity, mold and mildew will thrive, cause off odors, and ruin your home's structure along with your possessions and furniture. SERVPRO technicians are skilled at protecting against the growth of mold and mildew and have effective strategies to combat it.
We know how important it is to get your home back in order as quickly as possible. We'll help you mitigate the costs of any water emergency by restoring your possessions and preventing future damage to your home. For more information about our water removal services or to receive a quote, call us 24/7 at 570-714-0090.
Winter Storm Cleanup in Pittston, PA
Regardless of the type of storm, we can handle any size disaster.
Cold weather, snow, and ice storms can cause severe damage to your home or business. When these types of disasters strike, immediate action is necessary to prevent additional damage to your property. We have the winter storm experience, expertise, and the resources to remediate damage caused by winter weather.
Extreme cold weather can cause pipes to freeze and burst. In general, pipes are more likely to freeze when the temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The resulting water damage can be extensive. Outdoor pipes and pipes in unheated areas of the home can freeze if they are not properly insulated or if temperatures are severely cold. We can quickly and safely repair water damage caused by frozen pipes.
Outdoor pipes most likely to freeze include:
- Outdoor hose bibs
- Swimming pool supply lines
- Water sprinkler lines
Pipes in unheated or partially heated areas are also at risk of freezing, including:
- Crawl spaces
An ice dam is formed when snow melts unevenly on a roof and refreezes into a dam at the edge of the roof, near the eaves. This dam prevents any further snowmelt from draining off of the roof. This standing water can back up under shingles, leak into a home, and cause significant water damage to ceilings, walls, and other areas. Ice dams can also tear off gutters and loosen shingles.
Snow and ice can cause significant damage to your gutters and roof. The additional weight of snow and ice can even cause a roof to collapse. When there’s a cold snap, water can get into cracks and small spaces and expand when it freezes, causing larger cracks and more damage. The repetition of freezing and thawing cycles can cause small cracks to get larger.
Regardless of the Winter Storm, We Can Help
Cold weather and winter storms can cause significant damage with little warning. Regardless of the type of storm, we can handle any size disaster caused by:
- Cold temperatures
- Heavy snowfall
- Ice storms and freezing rain
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
As another year comes to a close, our entire SERVPRO team would like to thank all of our community partners, business partners and customers for another wonderful year. We couldn't do what we do without all of you!
We hope you enjoy the Holiday Season and we look forward to seeing you in 2020.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!