Spring Cleaning is Right Around the Corner
Time to Spring Clean
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty - especially during the winter months. We have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. The residential cleaning services performed by us will not only ease the burden of the constant maintenance of your home, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened."
Need Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today 570-714-0090
Residential Cleaning Services include:
The SERVPRO carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home.
We all have tasks around the house that don’t make it to the top of our priority list. Properly maintaining your home’s air ducts should not be one of them. Regular duct cleaning can increase your home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
Your basic cleaning service is not going to have the expertise to effectively deodorize your home. Take advantage of SERVPRO’s residential cleaning services to remove unwanted odors.
SERVPRO experts are ready to assist in the clean up of sewage and other biohazard materials and provide deep cleaning services for your home. Find out more about our franchise professionals.
Getting a jump start on your spring cleaning? Give us a call - 570-714-0090
Found Mold in your Commercial Building?
Commercial Property Mold Remediation
In the process of selling a vacant property? Avoiding mold will aid in the quickness of the sale. Since mold loves moisture, it’s important to remove sources of water to prevent it from growing in the building.
Potential problem areas to address to keep mold at bay include:
- Roof Leaks: Check attic or top floor for roof leaks, and repair any that are found.
- Wall Leaks: Weather strip and caulk leaky windows.
- Window Condensation: Install insulated glass or storm windows to prevent condensation problems.
- Plumbing Leaks: Examine pipes for leaks and insulate if needed.
- Blocked Gutters: Keep gutters and downspouts clean.
- Foundation Leaks: Channel water from downspouts away from house.
- Basement Leaks: Examine basement for leaks and repair if necessary.
- Water Under House: Check crawl space for excess moisture, and apply black plastic to ground to reduce humidity.
- AC Drain Leaks: Be sure HVAC units drain properly and that drains are not clogged.
- Ductwork Condensation: Inspect HVAC ducts for excess moisture. Repair or replace the insulation around them if wet.
- Air Filters: Use a high quality air filter with HVAC units, and change it regularly.
- Bath Vent Fans: Install bathroom fans that are vented to the outside. Run them during—and for 15 minutes after—showers.
- Air Circulation: Open doors and windows during dry weather to increase air circulation.
- Indoor Humidity: Keep the humidity in your home between 30 and 50 percent. Check it with a humidity gauge or moisture meter and use a dehumidifier to lower it if necessary.
- Vent Gas Appliances: Make sure gas and kerosene heaters and fireplaces are properly vented to the outside to reduce the amount of moisture in the air.
Use these helpful tips to avoid growing mold in your property. If you find yourself dealing with mold, you can contact us to quickly remediate the problem. 570-714-0090
Space Heater Caused Fire
Use Space Heater Safety
Tis' the season many are utilizing their space heaters to stay warm during the frigid winter months. Although comfortable and cozy, space heaters can cause a significant increase in home and business fires. Space heaters are the type of equipment most often involved in home heating equipment fires, figuring in just over two of every five fires (43%). Significantly, the fires involving space heaters accounted for 85% of the civilian deaths and 78% of civilian injuries in home fires caused by heating equipment, as well as over half (53%) of direct property damage. Below are a few safety tips you can reference if using a space heater in your home or business.
- Place space heater on flat level surface. Don't put on shelf or high traffic areas.
- Plug a space heater directly into an outlet and avoid using an extension cord.
- Never leave space heaters unattended.
- Only use space heaters that are nationally recognized in a testing lab.
- Don't use a space heater if the plug is broken or the cord is damaged.
- Keep your space heater at least 3 feet away from flammable items, pets, and children.
- Do not use around water.
We hope you stay nice and warm this winter. If you decide to utilize your space heaters, please use caution and reference these safety tips to avoid a fire. If you find yourself dealing with a fire, we are always here to help! 570-714-0090
Business Closed because of Burst Pipe
We help restore your business back to pre emergency condition.
When business owners visualize water damage, they often picture a massive storm wiping out power lines, flooding offices, and shutting down businesses for days at a time. It is true that commercial water damage is often the result of floods and water that stems from weather events and storms.
However, many entrepreneurs and business space renters forget that storms and severe weather aren't the only causes of floods and water damage. Here are some of the typical causes of water damage to commercial buildings.
1. Malfunctioning sprinkler systems
Some older office and retail buildings still have outdated sprinkler systems that work in conjunction with fire protection systems. While such sprinklers can come in handy during a fire emergency, they can also cause commercial flood damage if they are faulty or in need of replacement. This could easily damage inventory and business assets.
2. Damaged appliances and equipment
This cause of commercial flood damage is more common in restaurants and catering facilities, as well as any business that has appliances and equipment that make use of water. If the appliance fails and sends water across your building, especially during late hours when no one is around, you may come back to work and face a water emergency.
3. Broken pipes and plumbing
Just like in a residence, if the plumbing system in your workplace fails water damage could be the result.
4. Backed up sewer lines
This is another cause of commercial water damage that often catches business owners by surprise. Should the sewer line to your building back up or become damaged, realize the potential dangers of contaminated Black Water which can cause health effects and ruin products and office furnishings.
If your business has suffered commercial water damage, SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County will get you back up and running again. Call us anytime 24/7 at 570-714-0090 for fast help.
Here in the Community & Here to Help
At SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County, we pride ourselves on top notch service, a quick response time, community involvement and trained professionals. It's very important to us that we take time to train our employees in the restoration industry and have them certified. Here are the certifications our technicians receive upon employment:
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
We also thoroughly enjoy being part of the community. Whether it be putting on an event for charity, sponsoring an event, or donating to Toys for Tots or a local school, we make it a priority for our business. Below are some of the affiliations our franchise has:
- Accredited with the Better Business Bureau
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber Ambassador Program
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce
- PGA Tour
- Tunkhannock Rotary Club Member
- Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce
Does your Luzerne County home have a Mold Problem?
Watch for signs of mold growth.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Common Causes of Winter Fires in Kingston, PA
When disasters happen, we are always here to help.
Heating, holiday decorations, winter storms and candles all contribute to an increased risk of fire during the winter months. Below are the common causes of house fires throughout the winter months.
Heating is the second leading cause of U.S. home fires, deaths and injuries. December, January and February are the peak months for heating fires. Space heaters are the type of equipment most often involved in home heating equipment fires, figuring in two of every five fires (40%).
Most of the U.S. is at risk for winter storms, which can cause dangerous and sometimes life-threatening conditions. Blinding wind-driven snow, extreme cold, icy road conditions, downed trees and power lines can all wreak havoc on our daily schedules. Home fires occur more in the winter than in any other season, and heating equipment is involved in one of every six reported home fires, and one in every five home fire deaths.
Portable Generators are useful during power outages, however, many homeowners are unaware that the improper use of portable generators can be risky. The most common dangers associated with portable generators are carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, electrical shock or electrocution, and fire hazards. According to a 2013 report, half of the generator-related deaths happened in the four coldest months of the year, November through February, and portable generators were involved in the majority of carbon monoxide deaths involving engine-driven tools.
December is the peak time of year for home candle fires; the top three days for home candle fires are Christmas, New Year’s Day, and New Year’s Eve. Each year between 2012 and 2016, an average of 8,200 home candle fires were reported each year.
Electrical home fires are a leading cause of home fires in the U.S. Roughly half of all home electrical fires involved electrical distribution or lighting equipment, while nearly another half involved other known types of equipment like washer or dryer fans, and portable or stationary space heaters.
Stay safe this winter season and be aware of the leading causes of fires. We are always here to help in the event of an emergency fire.
Commercial 24/7 Restoration Team in NEPA
We restore both commercial and residential properties.
Flooding and water damage events at Wilkes-Barre commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Residential & Commercial Water Damage Restoration
We're faster to any size disaster
Residential and Commercial Restoration Services
With over 1,700 Franchises nationwide, SERVPRO is a leader in the restoration industry and its professionals are faster to any size disaster. We are available 24 hours/7 days a week and are ready to restore or clean your property.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Service
- Highly Trained Technicians
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Industry with over 1,700 Franchises
- Preferred Vendor for Many National and Local Insurance Companies
Have Questions? – We’re Here to Help - 570-714-0090
Whether you need emergency flood damage restoration or top-to-bottom home cleaning, you can trust us to make your house feel like home again. We have the training, experience, and equipment to quickly get your home looking its best.
Your commercial property’s appearance speaks volumes to your clients. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We are proud to serve all of Luzerne and Wyoming Counties.
Winter Storm - Damage & Cleanup in NEPA
Winter Storm Damage? Give us a call
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County specializes in damage restoration that is caused by heavy storms. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit NEPA, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm Damage?
Call Us Today 570-714-0090