Flooded Basement in Pittston, PA
Flooded Basement? We can help!
Flooded basement or water damage in your basement? We can help!
Many of us have been there before - Headed to complete a load of laundry only to discover a flooded basement or water damage in areas of the basement. This can be an extremely stressful situation for homeowners and unfortunately can disrupt your normal lifestyle. Not only is water in your home an inconvenience, excessive water and moisture in the home may pose a health risk for occupants. Water also has a destructive effect on many building materials and contents. Effectively restoring a flooded Pittston, PA basement is essential for the home owner and occupants of the home.
Properly restoring a flooded basement requires training, expertise and specialized equipment. In addition to understanding the technical aspects of water damage restoration, our team values and respects your home and belongings throughout the process. They will also keep you updated during the project on the work progression.
It is important for our franchise to respond to the storm damage as quickly as possible to assess the damage. The length of time the water is in the structure before restoration begins is a very critical factor. If the water has been in the structure for an extended period of time, damage is much more severe. Even if the water was a clean source originally, bacteria, mold and other microbiological growth may create an unsanitary condition that poses a threat to the health of occupants of the home.
Assessing the Flood Damage
Our SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County franchise standard requires specialized equipment and training. Our technicians are IICRC certified prior to beginning work within our franchise and trained to assess the damage on each loss location. We begin a storm damage loss by detecting the moisture trapped within the walls, ceilings, floors and other locations not visible from the exterior surface. Once the damaged area is identified, we extract any standing water, and then drying techniques are used to ventilate, evaporate and dehumidify the environment.
As warmer temperatures approach along with severe weather, we are here to help following a storm and damage that comes along with it. We can be reached 24/7/365 - 570-714-0090.
HVAC Cleaning in Wilkes-Barre, PA
Call us to clean your HVAC system this Spring!
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. You should frequently make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your commercial property and home. This ensures the safety of your customers and/or residents.
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating one or more of the following:
- Dirt and debris
- Other contaminants
Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can in turn save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe. However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
- Eliminates Potentially Harmful Air Pollutants
- Eliminates Old Toxins
- May Reduce Allergy Symptoms
- Cleans Out Bugs and Rodent Debris
Don't forget about your HVAC system during your Spring Cleaning this year! Give our SERVPRO franchise a call and we can clean your HVAC system for you. 570-714-0090
How to prevent water damage in your Pittston City basement?
Is your basement under water? We can help!
Has your Pittston home had issues with water in the basement in the past? Avoid another spring and summer of your home filling with water. Below are some useful tips to follow in order to keep your basement dry and safe.
1. Add Gutter Extensions
2. Plug Gaps
3. Restore the Crown
4. Reshape the Landscape
5. Repair Footing Drains
6. Install a Curtain Drain
7. Pump the Water
8. Waterproof the Walls
Not only does a wet basement look, feel and smell terrible, it poses a great risk to your home’s value and safety. Left unchecked, basement moisture can ruin floors and walls, allow for mold growth, and even damage roofing. Remember if you are dealing with any results of water in your home, we are always here to help. 570-714-0090
April Showers Bring May Flowers -- & Possible Flooding
April Showers Bring May Flowers
After winter's wrath in NEPA, most of us are ready for warmer temps and sunnier skies. Although that does sound refreshing, we can't leave out the fact that April Showers will be very prominent. They do lead to May Flowers but could also lead to minor or severe flooding. Follow these tips below to avoid rain water entering your home this season.
- Waterproof Your House Exterior
- Maintain Your Roof
- Seal Windows and Doors
- Maintain Your Home’s Exterior Finish
- Ensure Proper Drainage
- Clean Your Gutters
- Check Your Downspouts
- Redirect Runoff
Wishing you a relaxing, safe and sunny Spring ahead! Remember, we are always here to help when needed. 570-714-0090.
Preventing Storm Damage to Your NEPA Home
Ready to Help After the Storm
Do you have a home in the NEPA area? Do you even have a vacation home in the NEPA area? If the answer is yes to these questions, it is important to keep an eye on the safety of your property during storm season. As we head out of the frigid winter and enter into spring and the possibility of more storms, keep the following tips in mind to keep your home and belongings safe. If disaster strikes, we are always Here to Help. We can be reached 24/7 at 570-714-0090..
- Cover all glass or delicate outdoor items and furniture.
- Close all windows and doors during a hailstorm.
- Put vehicles in the garage during hailstorms or cover with a thick blanket.
- Move flowers and flower pots under cover.
- Inspect home roofs regularly for loose or curled shingles (this also applies for wind).
- Properly grade lot to avoid water seeping back into house.
- Clear gutters and downspouts of debris to ensure proper drainage.
- Ensure downspouts are located and facing away from the house.
- Reduce air and water leaks with weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Locate and seal any cracks in foundation walls and basement floor.
- Replace rock and gravel landscaping material with shredded bark.
- Install impact-resistant shutters over large windows and glass doors.
- Secure all moveable outdoor items or relocate them indoors.
- Keep trees and shrubbery trimmed and remove weak trees that may fall.
- Avoid parking vehicles near or below trees, lampposts or power lines.
- Secure all HVAC units, skylights and pipes to avoid being blown away.
Happy almost Spring!
Spring Cleaning is Right Around the Corner
Time to Spring Clean
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty - especially during the winter months. We have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. The residential cleaning services performed by us will not only ease the burden of the constant maintenance of your home, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened."
Need Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today 570-714-0090
Residential Cleaning Services include:
The SERVPRO carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home.
We all have tasks around the house that don’t make it to the top of our priority list. Properly maintaining your home’s air ducts should not be one of them. Regular duct cleaning can increase your home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
Your basic cleaning service is not going to have the expertise to effectively deodorize your home. Take advantage of SERVPRO’s residential cleaning services to remove unwanted odors.
SERVPRO experts are ready to assist in the clean up of sewage and other biohazard materials and provide deep cleaning services for your home. Find out more about our franchise professionals.
Getting a jump start on your spring cleaning? Give us a call - 570-714-0090
Found Mold in your Commercial Building?
Commercial Property Mold Remediation
In the process of selling a vacant property? Avoiding mold will aid in the quickness of the sale. Since mold loves moisture, it’s important to remove sources of water to prevent it from growing in the building.
Potential problem areas to address to keep mold at bay include:
- Roof Leaks: Check attic or top floor for roof leaks, and repair any that are found.
- Wall Leaks: Weather strip and caulk leaky windows.
- Window Condensation: Install insulated glass or storm windows to prevent condensation problems.
- Plumbing Leaks: Examine pipes for leaks and insulate if needed.
- Blocked Gutters: Keep gutters and downspouts clean.
- Foundation Leaks: Channel water from downspouts away from house.
- Basement Leaks: Examine basement for leaks and repair if necessary.
- Water Under House: Check crawl space for excess moisture, and apply black plastic to ground to reduce humidity.
- AC Drain Leaks: Be sure HVAC units drain properly and that drains are not clogged.
- Ductwork Condensation: Inspect HVAC ducts for excess moisture. Repair or replace the insulation around them if wet.
- Air Filters: Use a high quality air filter with HVAC units, and change it regularly.
- Bath Vent Fans: Install bathroom fans that are vented to the outside. Run them during—and for 15 minutes after—showers.
- Air Circulation: Open doors and windows during dry weather to increase air circulation.
- Indoor Humidity: Keep the humidity in your home between 30 and 50 percent. Check it with a humidity gauge or moisture meter and use a dehumidifier to lower it if necessary.
- Vent Gas Appliances: Make sure gas and kerosene heaters and fireplaces are properly vented to the outside to reduce the amount of moisture in the air.
Use these helpful tips to avoid growing mold in your property. If you find yourself dealing with mold, you can contact us to quickly remediate the problem. 570-714-0090
Space Heater Caused Fire
Use Space Heater Safety
Tis' the season many are utilizing their space heaters to stay warm during the frigid winter months. Although comfortable and cozy, space heaters can cause a significant increase in home and business fires. Space heaters are the type of equipment most often involved in home heating equipment fires, figuring in just over two of every five fires (43%). Significantly, the fires involving space heaters accounted for 85% of the civilian deaths and 78% of civilian injuries in home fires caused by heating equipment, as well as over half (53%) of direct property damage. Below are a few safety tips you can reference if using a space heater in your home or business.
- Place space heater on flat level surface. Don't put on shelf or high traffic areas.
- Plug a space heater directly into an outlet and avoid using an extension cord.
- Never leave space heaters unattended.
- Only use space heaters that are nationally recognized in a testing lab.
- Don't use a space heater if the plug is broken or the cord is damaged.
- Keep your space heater at least 3 feet away from flammable items, pets, and children.
- Do not use around water.
We hope you stay nice and warm this winter. If you decide to utilize your space heaters, please use caution and reference these safety tips to avoid a fire. If you find yourself dealing with a fire, we are always here to help! 570-714-0090
Business Closed because of Burst Pipe
We help restore your business back to pre emergency condition.
When business owners visualize water damage, they often picture a massive storm wiping out power lines, flooding offices, and shutting down businesses for days at a time. It is true that commercial water damage is often the result of floods and water that stems from weather events and storms.
However, many entrepreneurs and business space renters forget that storms and severe weather aren't the only causes of floods and water damage. Here are some of the typical causes of water damage to commercial buildings.
1. Malfunctioning sprinkler systems
Some older office and retail buildings still have outdated sprinkler systems that work in conjunction with fire protection systems. While such sprinklers can come in handy during a fire emergency, they can also cause commercial flood damage if they are faulty or in need of replacement. This could easily damage inventory and business assets.
2. Damaged appliances and equipment
This cause of commercial flood damage is more common in restaurants and catering facilities, as well as any business that has appliances and equipment that make use of water. If the appliance fails and sends water across your building, especially during late hours when no one is around, you may come back to work and face a water emergency.
3. Broken pipes and plumbing
Just like in a residence, if the plumbing system in your workplace fails water damage could be the result.
4. Backed up sewer lines
This is another cause of commercial water damage that often catches business owners by surprise. Should the sewer line to your building back up or become damaged, realize the potential dangers of contaminated Black Water which can cause health effects and ruin products and office furnishings.
If your business has suffered commercial water damage, SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County will get you back up and running again. Call us anytime 24/7 at 570-714-0090 for fast help.
Here in the Community & Here to Help
At SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County, we pride ourselves on top notch service, a quick response time, community involvement and trained professionals. It's very important to us that we take time to train our employees in the restoration industry and have them certified. Here are the certifications our technicians receive upon employment:
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
We also thoroughly enjoy being part of the community. Whether it be putting on an event for charity, sponsoring an event, or donating to Toys for Tots or a local school, we make it a priority for our business. Below are some of the affiliations our franchise has:
- Accredited with the Better Business Bureau
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber Ambassador Program
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce
- PGA Tour
- Tunkhannock Rotary Club Member
- Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce