Recent Biohazard Posts
Biohazard Safety in West Pittston
Prevention tips of Biohazard exposure in the workplace
It is important to be aware of possible Biohazard within the workplace and how to ensure proper safety.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are here to help transform any unsafe environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
Please refer to our Biohazard Emergency Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
The decontamination of a home or business due to trauma, sewage backups, chemical spills, hoarding, or other biohazards can be both dangerous and emotional. Specialized training and experience is key when choosing a cleanup company to resolve these circumstances.
Common Biohazard Scenarios
Sewage backups and dark water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO franchise professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, and help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
SERVPRO can remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. We clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
SERVPRO realizes many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. We follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazard emergencies don’t always happen during regular business hours, and that’s why SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City,and Wyoming County is here to help and has the proper equipment and training to care for your needs.
Contact us 24/7 at 570-714-0090 with any Commercial or Residential Biohazard cleanup needs.
Sewer backup in Wyoming
Biohazard Cleanup is dangerous and should be handled by a professional.
Why Biohazard Situations Should Not Be Handled on Your Own.
While many would like to conduct the cleaning or maintenance of their home or business following a biohazard situation, it is extremely important to call in a trained and certified biohazard cleaning company to handle these cleanups.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. We are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we are here to help transform any unsafe environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
- Safety Equipment – Cleaning extreme situations requires the use of personal safety wear to protect cleaners from exposure to bloodborne diseases, dangerous chemicals, and infection. The average person does not possess this type of ppe.
- Cleaning Equipment – Thorough cleaning of locations affected by biological hazards calls for specialized equipment and cleaning solutions. Certified bio-remediation companies use advanced equipment and effective disinfectant solutions to leave client sites free of biohazards. Our staff are trained to use this equipment to remove all hazardous materials from your home – many of which you can’t even see.
- Disposal – Objects that have come in to contact with human or animal blood or waste including needles, carpets, mattresses, and clothing should be disposed of properly so they do not pose a health threat to the public. We are required to transport and dispose of biohazard waste appropriately.
- Ability to handle difficult scenes – The work involved in cleaning up after a crime or trauma is mentally, physically, and emotionally difficult for those connected to the victim to handle. Family and friends often find it extremely painful to see a loved one’s remains. Our team members have experience working in this taxing environment.
- Peace of mind – Use of a professional biohazard cleanup company will leave you with complete assurance that your family and friends are safe from any harm posed by the biological hazards once present in your home or business.
Cleaning & Disinfecting for Pittston Commercial Buildings
As the Cleaning Experts, SERVPRO is Here to Help.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County, 570-714-0090.
Cleaning up after Biohazard in Wilkes-Barre, PA
SERVPRO can help following a Biohazard event.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove or sanitize such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments.
SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.