The Best Way to Handle Mold in your Kingston Home
The Correct Way to Handle Kingston Mold Damage
In Kingston, mold damage is a common problem. It affects all kinds of homes and businesses. It is not something to be scared of because it happens to almost everybody, at some time in their lives. However, it does need to be treated with caution. Mold damage, though common, can be both expensive and can cause health effects.
This is why the only effective solution for dealing with chronic mold damage in Kingston is to call in the experts. SERVPRO has the necessary skills and expertise to make sure that all of the damaged areas of a property are safely removed. If you do not seek professional advice, you risk the problem becoming a recurring one.
This guide to the importance of professional mold damage restoration will help you get to grips with the best possible solution.
Fix the Source of the Issue
While homeowners can go some way to removing the superficial signs of mold damage (the visible marks and blemishes), it is much more difficult to pinpoint the cause. And this is vital if the problem is to be eradicated for good. We are trained to look for patterns and uncover the source of the destruction. More often than not, the mold is being caused by an unidentified leak within the building or humidity issues.
Recognize the Type of Mold
It is a common misunderstanding to assume that all mold is the same. In fact, there are more than 10,000 different varieties. As they all require a slightly different approach, identifying which mold it is is vital. Nobody expects you to be able to distinguish between the characteristics of a thousand mold samples, so take the job to somebody specially trained for it.
Use the Right Equipment
Another important benefit of using SERVPRO is access to specialist equipment. You might have a basic dehumidifier in your home or workplace, but this won’t be strong enough to tackle a serious problem. You need heavy duty dryers, blowers, and EPA approved chemicals. If there is evidence of high level mold in the building – which causes negative health effects – protective clothing is needed to ensure safety.