Cleaning Out Your Forty Fort Gutters This Fall
Helpful Tips to Clean Out Your Gutters this Fall:
As the leaves begin to change, not only do we recommend appreciating the Fall Foliage, we also recommend cleaning out your gutters. It's good to know that a debris-clogged gutter can cause a leaky roof or water damage to the interior or exterior of your home. Below are tips on how to clean out your gutters to avoid water damage following a severe storm. You should clean your gutters at least once a year — twice a year if you have overhanging trees. Clogged gutters after big storms are important to clean as well. Follow these steps below to make it a hassle free Fall!
- Wear a shirt with long sleeves. Wear rubber gloves.
- Have a good extendable ladder available. Standoff stabilizers (ladder “horns”) are ideal to keep the ladder from damaging the gutter.
- Use a small plastic scoop to remove gunk. Buy a gutter scoop from the hardware store or try a child’s sand shovel.
- Spare your lawn by dumping the stuff onto a plastic tarp.
- After you’ve cleared the muck, flush the gutters and downspouts with a garden hose — also a great way to spot any leaks.
We here at SERVPRO of Wyoming County/Kingston Township are wishing you a very Happy and Safe Fall Season! We are always Here to Help.