Preventing Mold After a Rainy Season
Summer 2018 has been a rather rainy season in NEPA. It is important to check on locations in your home or business that you are aware could have moisture or dampness. An example would be a basement, crawl space or attic. Water that sits can start producing spores within 24 to 48 hours and it is important to call a professional if you suspect a water or mold problem. Since we have seen a lot of rain this summer, below are a few tips you can use to help prevent mold in your home.
- Use dehumidifiers, fans, and open windows to help reduce the moisture in your home. Be especially vigilant during hot, humid months.
- Fix plumbing leaks as soon as possible.
- Do what you can to prevent rain water from seeping into your home. Check potential problem areas regularly.
- Clean the fabrics in your home routinely and keep them dry.
- Store items in dry, well-ventilated areas.
Don't forget to check these areas within your home and call SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County if you suspect a mold problem. 570-714-0090