Residential Water Damage in Pittston, PA
24/7 water damage services
We are water damage restoration specialists and are ready to restore your Pittston home back to pre-water damage condition. We quickly extract the water and then dry your property using state-of-the-art equipment. SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County uses moisture monitoring equipment to effectively measure and document the drying process to ensure your property is dry. We know during the process, you may be a little stressed, concerned and confused, but our trained technicians will walk you through the process and ensure make the water damage like it never even happened. We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County is close by and ready to respond to your flood or water damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member of the Kingston and Pittston community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile Advantage
Call us for your free commercial property ERP!
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are "Ready for whatever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don’t necessarily have to be.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
Fire Safety for the 4th of July!
Have a Safe & Happy 4th of July!
The 4th of July is a fun time to grill out and enjoy fireworks. We hope you have a wonderful holiday! Make it a safe celebration by following the tips below.
FIREWORKS SAFETY The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public fireworks show put on by professionals. Stay at least 500 feet away from the show. Many states outlaw most fireworks. If someone is setting fireworks off at home, they should follow these safety steps:
- Never give fireworks to small children, and always follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Keep a supply of water close by as a precaution.
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection.
- Light only one firework at a time and never attempt to relight "a dud."
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from children and pets.
- Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
- Leave any area immediately where untrained amateurs are using fireworks.
GRILLING SAFETY Every year people in this country are injured while using backyard charcoal or gas grills. Follow these steps to safely cook up treats for the backyard barbecue:
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
- Never grill indoors – not in your house, camper, tent, or any enclosed area.
- Make sure everyone, including the pets, stays away from the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open, away from the house, the deck, tree branches, or anything that could catch fire.
- Use the long-handled tools especially made for cooking on the grill to keep the chef safe.
- Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already been ignited.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using grills.
Happy 4th of July!
Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
Biohazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk.
Biohazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk. Sewer backups and flood water are two common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Kingston, Pittston City and Wyoming County has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (570) 714-0090
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Wilkes-Barre, PA Storm Damage
Ready to help after the storm.
SERVPRO of Wyoming County / Kingston Township has experience restoring homes and businesses affected by severe storms and flooding. We can respond immediately with highly trained technicians who employ specialized equipment and techniques to restore your home or business back to pre-storm condition.
The SERVPRO Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, we are prepared for the unpredictable.
With our team of professionals along with the resources of more than 1,700 Franchises nationwide, no disaster is too big. Our team is always Here to Help. If you need storm damage assistance or restoration, we can be reached 24/7 at 570-714-0090.
Keep these safety tips in mind when the possibility of a tornado or strong storm is imminent:
Choosing a Spot
- Go to the lowest floor and the innermost portion of the building
- Seek shelter in an interior hallway, under a stairwell, bathroom, or closet
- Shut doors behind you
- Get under a heavy desk or workbench
- Crouch down, protect your head and make yourself as small a target as possible
- Cover your body with a mattress, sleeping bag, blanket, pillow or coat
What to Avoid
When sheltering, things to avoid include:
- Taking shelter where there are heavy objects directly above you such as a refrigerator, which could potentially fall through the floor
- Windows, as breaking glass from flying debris can cause severe injury or even death
- Doors and exterior walls
In addition to the above listed recommendations, some situations require additional precautions.
- Mobile Homes: Get out and seek sturdy shelter immediately when a tornado warning or a tornado watch is issued. Do not delay.
- Commercial Buildings: Do not use elevators and remember to shut doors behind you.
And remember, we are always here to help!
June is National Safety Month
Practice Safety this Summer!
The National Safety Council observes June as National Safety Month. As we head into summer with abundant grill outs, fireworks, swimming, bike riding and more, be sure to stay safe all month and season long. Below are some safety tips you can follow to ensure you and your loved ones have a safe and enjoyable summer!
1. Keep your grill away from your home, trees, and any structures.
2. Keep food stored appropriately until it's time for grilling to prevent sickness.
3. Remember the importance of SPF and taking breaks from being out in the sun and heat.
4. Use caution when in the water, and swim with a buddy if you can.
5. Wear appropriate helmets and knee pads when biking.
6. Wear life jackets while boating.
8. Use fireworks one at a time, outdoors and away from any buildings or vehicles.
9. Make yourself a chemical free bug repellent to keep the pests away.
10. Drive Safer - there will be more cars on the road.
Wishing you a safe, relaxing, and fun summer ahead!
Carpet Cleaning in Wilkes-Barre, PA
It's Spring Cleaning Season! Call us to schedule your carpet cleaning!
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Call Today – (570) 714-0090
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today.
Join us for our 1st Annual Golf Tournament Benefiting CASA of Luzerne County!
All proceeds will benefit CASA of Luzerne County!
Save the Date!
Monday, August 27th!
As a proud partner and the official cleanup and restoration company of the PGA tour, SERVPRO of Wyoming County/Kingston Township is very excited to announce our 1st Annual Golf Tournament Benefiting CASA of Luzerne County! It will be held on Monday, August 27th at Fox Hill Country Club in Exeter, PA. All proceeds raised will benefit CASA of Luzerne County - https://luzernecasa.org/
Golfer Registration and Sponsorships are now available!
Cost: $125 - Single Player
$475 - Foursome
Cost Includes: 18 Holes of Golf w/ Cart, Lunch, Cocktail Reception with Open Bar & Hors d’ oeuvres, Prizes & Gift Bags.
Registration - 9:00 am
Shotgun Start - 10:00 am
Cocktail Reception - 3:00 pm
Cocktail Hour Sponsor - $2,000
Lunch Sponsor - $1,500
Raffle Prize Sponsor - $500
Vendor Booth Sponsor - $250
Goody Bag Sponsor - $200
Hole Sponsor - $100
If interested in golfing our sponsoring this event, please contact Chelsea English at 570-550-5899 or cenglish@SERVPRO10509.com
Looking forward to a round of golf!
Summer Temps = Severe Weather Storms
When severe storms strike NEPA, SERVPRO is here to help!
It's very exciting to say that it feels as though Spring (maybe even summer) is here to stay! With highs in the 80's most of us are rejoicing and also probably excited for the first thunderstorm of the season! Although it is very relaxing and refreshing, it is very important to keep in mind safety when dealing with severe storms. When storms strike Wilkes-Barre, do you know the difference between a watch and a warning?
During severe weather, a number of alerts may flash on the TV screen or on your mobile device. But do you know what they mean, and which ones require immediate action?
Severe Thunderstorm WATCH
A thunderstorm is considered severe when it exhibits one or more of the following:
- Large hail (hailstones that are one inch diameter or greater, so hail the size of a quarter or larger fits this criterion).
- Wind gusts of 58 mph or greater.
- A tornado.
A severe thunderstorm watch means that atmospheric conditions are favorable for severe thunderstorm development. The severe thunderstorm watch outlines an area where an organized threat of severe thunderstorms is expected generally during a three- to six-hour period.
Severe Thunderstorm WARNING
A severe thunderstorm warning means that a severe thunderstorm is imminent: It is occurring or is about to occur. Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued by the local National Weather Service office when it deems a particular thunderstorm has met, or will soon meet, the severe criteria listed above. Severe thunderstorm warnings are usually highly localized – covering parts of one to several counties – and generally last for 30 to 60 minutes.
During a severe thunderstorm warning, it is important to get to safety immediately. Severe winds – gusts of 58 mph or greater – can down trees and power lines, causing injury and potentially death to those hit by large falling objects and other debris. In addition, if a severe thunderstorm is producing large hail, injury and significant property damage can result.
It is important to remember the differences between these storms and always be prepared to take action. Our SERVPRO franchise is highly trained to respond to any size disaster, and we could mitigate any damage caused by severe storms this season.
We are always here to help!
-- 570-714-0090 --
Haven't gotten around to your spring cleaning? We'll do it for you!
Call us to do your Spring Cleaning! 570-714-0090
Spring Cleaning is upon us!
If you haven't gotten around to your Spring Cleaning just yet, be at ease! Call us, we can do it for you!
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty. We have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. The residential cleaning services performed by us will not only ease the burden of the constant maintenance of your home, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened."
Need Spring Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today - 570-714-0090
Our Residential Cleaning Services include:
Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
The SERVPRO carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home.
HVAC/Air Duct Cleaning
We all have tasks around the house that don’t make it to the top of our priority list. Properly maintaining your home’s air ducts should not be one of them. Regular duct cleaning can increase your home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
Your basic cleaning service is not going to have the expertise to effectively deodorize your home. Take advantage of SERVPRO’s residential cleaning services to remove unwanted odors.